Burglar Alarms in London
In a survey conducted by London’s Metropolitan Police with ex-burglars, you are less likely to be burgled when your home has a high-quality and well-maintained burglar alarm fitted.
When you compare the cost of a modern burglar-alarm installation it will pale in comparison to what you will lose should you suffer a break-in. Sometimes burglars will steal very precious personal items that are irreplaceable. So you can see that investing in a burglar alarm system in London is well worth your time and effort.
What is the best home burglar-alarm system?
The thing with burglar alarms is that there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution that will be right for every householder. The best alarm system for you will depend on a few factors such as:
- Your available budget
- Your personal preferences
- Where you live in London
- The layout of your home
- The level of protection you need
If you don’t have a burglar alarm system already fitted, or the one that you have is quite old or doesn’t function properly any longer, then it would be wise to speak to us at DRAM Fire & Security so that we can offer you the best advice about protecting your home from unwanted intruders.
However, here we give you a basic outline of the different types of burglar alarm systems on the market and also what you need to think about once your burglar alarm sounds. What do you want to happen if your alarm is triggered?
Types of home burglar alarm systems
Firstly, you will need to choose between alarms that offer the following options:
- A bell-only alarm that will make a noise and may act to scare away any intruder. These alarms are not connected to any external system so will not contact anyone if they go off.
- A dialler alarm that once triggered will automatically dial a designated phone number. This number could be your mobile phone number, a friend, family member or neighbours number.
- A fully-monitored system that offers 24/7 monitoring by a security company. When the alarm is triggered the security company will take action by attending your property or will call the police to attend.
- A smart home alarm system that connects through an app to alert your preferred contact via a smartphone or tablet when the alarm is triggered.
The costs will vary between these different systems with the bell-only option usually being the most inexpensive system to install and maintain.
What does DRAM recommend?
As we said earlier, there is no one-size-fits-all option, so it would be wise to speak to our professional team of fully trained security experts for the best possible advice. However, we do recommend fitting a cutting-edge wireless system for your home.
Remember that once you have been burgled, time is of the essence! 64% of alarm installations are carried out after a burglary and 74% or burglars will return to the same property within 6 weeks of committing the first theft.
Don’t delay – contact our team at DRAM today!